Circle Blog Challenge #1: Ooh, La La! French Manor!: Today, Yesterday, Tomorrow Layout for Cricut



I used 2 cuts as masks for my distress inks, i love the possibilities of this technique!! I welded two border peices on my gypsy for border on left hand side, I love how that turned out!! I have never used my french manor cart until this project and I definitely went from being not very crazy about it to LOVING IT that fast!!

Frame from sentimentals (pg 30 used layer peice and shadow peice), dress form (pg 62), eiffel tower and border (pg 68) from French Manor for masks, and flowers on blackout feature from george. The sentiment was self created in MS Word and printed on a clear overlay and placed between the 2 frame layers. I photocopied a page from my emily post ettiquette book (it talks about travel in europe and clothes in paris) Inked everything with tattered rose, tea dye, and walnut stain Distress Inks. I used two pearl lapel pins on the distressed book page. I used antiqued sticker brads for flower centers and on frame. Background was plain craft paper to begin with. I had sooo much fun making this, i may have to do a few more projects in this style! It was my first time really using my distress inks as they were intended I think! I love it!! I think that is everything?! Let me know what you think!

Josi

Took pics in basement late last night so color is more muted than in real life but, its close!

hmm...if you can't read the sentiment in pics it says: Today we preserve the memories of Yesterday so we might revisit them Tomorrow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As usual I haven't posted in a while...